musicMagpie.com is a general audience site and does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. For more information, please see the section below titled “Children and Privacy.”
Collection of Personal Information
musicMagpie collects personal information provided by you when you register for an account with us, complete a survey, and/or when you contact us to inquire about our products or services. When you provide personal information through our Website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
The personal information we collect may include the following: Name, home address, email address, your home and/or mobile phone numbers, your gender, and your date of birth.
We may collect additional personal information in connection with your participation in any promotions offered by us.
Collection of Non-Personal Information
We may automatically collect non-personal information about visitors to our Website, such as number of visitors, Internet Protocol address, browser type, operating system and pages viewed, but we will not combine such data with any personal information. We use this data in the aggregate to determine how visitors use our Website so we can improve your experience on our Website. We also collect information about your transactions with us.
Non-registered visitors to the Website are sent anonymous cookies to keep track of their browsing patterns and build up a demographic profile. In addition, any visitor who has clicked on a musicMagpie.com advertisement on another site that links to musicMagpie.com will be sent anonymous cookies that will allow us to analyze advertising effectiveness and manage our relationship with affiliate sites.
Additionally, when you download or use musicMagpie mobile applications, we may collect and process information about your actual location and your mobile device, including a unique device identifier. We may use this information to provide you with location-based products and services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off or opt out of location-based services.
Use of Your Information
We may use personal information collected from you for several general purposes:
- To deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- To deliver your payment to you at the address you have provided;
- To collect or pick up items from you at the address you have provided;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To manage your account and provide you with customer support including for administrative or operational purposes relating to our service;
- To send you offers and news about musicMagpie products and services or those of other carefully selected companies which we think may be of interest to you;
- To conduct market research relating to the development of our products, services, and/or Website;
- To develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Website and other sites;
- To verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- To otherwise maintain and administer the Website;
- To send you push notifications for service-related updates (if you are using a musicMagpie mobile application);
- To ask your opinions on our services (e.g., through surveys), which will help us improve our services; and/or
- To perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
We also may use your personal information to verify your identity and prevent or detect fraud. In performing these checks your information may be disclosed to credit reference agencies, who may keep a record of that information. This is not a credit check and your credit rating will be unaffected.
Please note that we may contact you by mail, email, telephone or fax for any of the above purposes.
Disclosure of Your Information
If you choose to provide us with your personal information, we may transfer that information within the musicMagpie corporate family (including to our parent company Entertainment Magpie Limited T/A musicMagpie.co.uk) or to our third-party service providers. musicMagpie also may disclose your personal information to other companies or people in any of the following circumstances:
- To send the information to companies who work on our behalf to provide a product or service to you, however, we will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes;
- To conform or comply with the law, or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a court order or subpoena, to cooperate with investigations by law enforcement or regulatory authorities or to participate or cooperate with a judicial proceeding, to enforce applicable terms and conditions of this Website, or, in urgent circumstances, to protect the safety of persons or property, including this Website; and/or
- In the event of a merger, consolidation or reorganization involving musicMagpie, acquisition of musicMagpie by another company, a sale of all or a portion of musicMagpie’s assets, or other similar transaction, your personal information will, in most instances, be transferred to the control of a third party.
We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individual customers are identified and no personal information is revealed) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Third-Party Advertisers & Links to Third-Party Websites
Your Privacy Choices
If you provided musicMagpie with personal information and have registered for an account with us, you may review and update your information by logging in and clicking on the “My Account” section. There, you may choose to opt out of receiving certain communications or information including the following: account activity updates; surveys and focus group invitations; email promotions and special offers; mail catalogs and promotions; and phone updates and promotions.
musicMagpie’s Commitment to Security
To prevent unauthorized access and ensure the correct use of information, musicMagpie has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Children and Privacy
musicMagpie is committed to protecting the online privacy of users of this Website, particularly children. For this reason, musicMagpie does not collect personal information from children under the age of 13 through our Website. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete the information immediately and close such user’s account.
Your California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, a California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship has the right to request certain information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to privacy@musicMagpie.com or write to us at:
Entertainment Magpie, Inc.
1039 Northpoint Pkwy, Suite E
Acworth, GA 30102
Attention: Protection Officer, Marketing Department
Our Company Information & Contacting Us
Effective Date of Current Policy: November 20, 2012.